As the past year has transitioned to a new one, filled with hope and tremendous promise, I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to all my readers and fans for their amazing support in 2023. In spite of all of the daunting challenges that arose last year, there are still many wonderful moments and accomplishments worth cherishing.
As an author, 2023 was a ‘building’ year for me, in which I continued to hone my craft as a writer. I am deeply grateful for all the ‘small wins’ I achieved during the course of the year. Below are a few highlights that I am very proud to share:
- I have completed “beta” testing of the pre-prints of Children of the Ocean God with several readers who shared much appreciated, insightful feedback that has helped me immensely to refine the 53,000 word manuscript!
- Currently, I am awaiting feedback from 3 international publishers of Caribbean literature, who may potentially be interested in publishing Children of the Ocean God. I hope to have some good news to share in 2024!
- My authorblog has been steadily expanding – to date I have published over 180 posts and counting!
- New writing projects are in the works! – I have recently been doing some ground work for my sophomore historical fiction novel, which is also about the Caribbean and is planned for release in 2026. More details to follow soon.
- Last year my author website welcomed almost 25, 000 web visitors!
I am confident that 2024 will bring even greater success and of course loads more fun storytelling. I wish you all the best for the New Year. Thank you all!